Monday, November 24, 2008

TV Ratings

Yestarday I was sitting with a child from my neighbours of aging no more than 6 years. I changed the channel to Cartoon Network for the child to see but to my astonishment he asked me to turn on a music channel with a murmarring of an indian song and told me that he enjoyed seeing and listening to the music.

What is happening???? Childern are no more been entertained by cartoons or children TV shows!!! they enjoy seeing dance moves and listen to the erotica, which is far beyond there age. My current writing is not intended to target the parents and there negligence it is about a suggestion and awareness to our government.

Governement of Pakistan spends millions of Dollars on different festivals and other occasions for the uplift of the ideology but is seriously neglecting the damage that is caused by the cable network that is florishing day and night in both metopolitean and rural areas.

I suggest that the Governments of Pakistan should regulate PEMRA (Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority) to develop a rating system for the TV channels and there contents that are aired in our national boundary, and educate the society of its parameters, if these channels cannot be avoided for closure, in order to protect our ideology. Rating System should be developed according to our social and age maturity parameters not to be copied from the foreign. if certain content is not appropriate for the adults also it should be marked and announced well before the start of the program and displayed on the far top of the screen to warn the viewers that watching the content will provide no good to them.
if you have any comment in this regard do let me know.

No comments: